Lee R. Lambert, PMP, CEO
2009 PMI Fellow
PMI's Prof Development Provider of the Year (2007)
PMI's Distinguished Contribution Award (1995)
PM at the Improv
with Lee R. Lambert, PMP, CEO, PMI Fellow
8:30am - 4:30pm
8 PDUs (3 Technical, 3 Leadership, 2 Strategic
PM at the IMPROV—A ONE OF A KIND EVENT
YOU WON'T WANNA MISS THIS!
Listen. Laugh. Learn. Lee R. Lambert, PMP, PMI Fellow brings the Critical PM Skills to “life”
If you are looking for a refreshing experience where you have an opportunity to have your PM questions answered in a straight forward, to-the-point way, this is the program for you! If you want to add value and become the “go to” person, don’t miss this chance to learn from the Master.
Attendees at this ground breaking session will actually develop the core content from the audience. Based on questions or problems gathered from the students, specific PM tools, techniques and soft skills will be examined by Lee using an improvisational approach to illustrate the use, challenges and value-add potential of each. The program will be an enjoyable adventure unlike anything the students have experienced before. Lee will leave no stone unturned. Using real-world PM application stories--gained through 44 years of experience--he will spontaneously and honestly expose the “good, the bad, and the ugly” of the profession. Each student question will be answered with an application story that will demonstrate the reality of the “dog eat dog” business environment and clearly illustrate how individual users can take the aggressive steps needed to improve their ability to consistently and productively implement the content of the PMBOK, while fulfilling their primary professional obligation of delivering “impact” decision support information. Laughter has been medically proven to be therapeutic so plan to join Lee for a full day “treatment” that will relieve you of your PM pain—at least temporarily.
TOPICS TO BE COVERED WILL INCLUDE (BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO):
1. Simple Techniques to Improve Requirements Definition
2. Easily Applied Integrated Scheduling Approaches
3. Using Statistical Methods to Quantify and Manage Risk
4. Approaches to Predicting Outcomes and Avoiding Diaster
5. Quantifying Resorce Impacts in a Matrix Environment
6. Why PMOs Have Not Achieved Their Potential
7. A New Look at the Importance of Project Closeout
This unique and ground-breaking approach to learning was piloted in Washington D.C. to a Standing Room Only crowd of 300+. The result: the most positive feedback and evaluations of any Lambert program ever!!
What have past students of this program said....
• "Lee is the consummate trainer, engaging, insightful, and packs a wallop of real world, in the trenches, wisdom"
• "Lee did an excellent job of mixing real life situations with humor and levity to keep everyone's attention"
• "Lee Lambert is both extrememly knowledgeable and fun"
• "Based on the format, I don't think it could have been any better. Longer would actually have been better"
• "I really enjoyed the different format of the program. Lee's experience, knowledge, and humor were a great mix. He has such a presence and knows how to control the audience. Also great to hear from others in the audience to know that they experience similar things regardless of the type of company they work at in regards to PM"
• "It was an interesting day. Lee is an excellent speaker and I was never bored. The information was straightforward and honest"
• "It was a very insightful class and it was very different from other courses with a set agenda. I also liked the fact that it was short"
• "Very entertaining and informative"
• "It is good to be able to ask real world questions and get real world experience to formulate a plan"
• "A lot of information but I would have liked a more structured content"
• "Lee's insight and explanations were well-grounded in his real-world experience and resonated with my own understanding and exposure to the realities and challenges of project management. His ability to, in an entertaining and engaging way, bridge the gap between the guidance provided by the PMBOK and the how-to needs of the PM role were invaluable. Great emphasis and discussion on Risk. The example of the project dashboard and communicating "bad news" was great"
• "I thought the presentation was interesting, lively and useful"
• "Enjoyed all the anecdotes, and Lee's willingness to "say things like they are".. Also thought it was great to be challenged, to go and improve the worldview of Project Management by actually doing it right"
• "Great real life experience related in an entertainng forum and very interactive"
• "Effective review of PM topics in a relaxed, non-stressful manner"
• "Lee teaches PM skills in a fun way"
We look forward to welcoming you to our little project management family!
REGISTER 10 OR MORE TOGETHER AND RECEIVE A 10% DISCOUNT
PMI® MEMBERS SAVE $100 WITH PROMO CODEWORD PROVIDED BY YOUR LOCAL CHAPTER
If you are not currently a Member of your local PMI Chapter, please visit http://www.pmi.org/Membership/Pages/Types-of-Memberships.aspx
Registration fee includes breakfast, lunch and all supporting materials.
Continental breakfast and registration starts at 8:00am. Workshop begins at 8:30am. A working lunch will be served and the program will end at 4:30. The country club has a dress code, including collared shirts for the men and no jeans. Please contact them directly if you have any questions about the facility. Instructions for obtaining Certificates of Completion through our automated system will be distributed at the end of the workshop. These automated certificates will contain all of the information you will need to register your PDUs through PMI.
Lee R. Lambert, PMP, CEO
PMI Fellow (2009)
PMI Professional LCGment Provider of the Year (2007)
PMI Distinguished Contribution Award (1995)
Lee Lambert takes the saying; "been there, done that, got the T-shirt" to new heights in project management training, by incorporating a pragmatic perspective and a unique use of personal analogies to help bring the subject matter to life. No other Project Management educator can contend with his uncanny technical knowledge, material content and refreshing delivery - not to mention his humorous, engaging, CommonSense™ style that has mesmerized more than 40,000 students in 21 countries. Lee has been an honored and distinguished member of the project management community since 1968 and was part of the original team that formulated and implemented the PMP Certification Program. He is recognized as one of the most effective project management educators in the world.