Scheduling, Risk Management and Agile Applications
On-Demand Blended Workshop
with Lee R. Lambert, PMP, CEO
12 PDUs (9 Tech, 3 Leadership)
Comfort of Your Own Home
What past participants are saying about our Trifecta Webinar Series:"I was able to access the recorded sessions on my schedule while still getting the value I needed from Lee for each of the sessions. While nothing can replace being in the same room with Lee, this is the closest thing to having him there."
Self-paced Online Workshop including Webinars with Lee Lambert
"I really enjoyed how the course was divided into manageable sessions. It was also extremely convenient to be able to hear the classes recorded at anytime."
"The flexibility is what I liked most about the online stuff. But Lee's great sense of humor came in a close second."
"I always find Lee to be engaging and a good use of my time. I like the flexible format."
"My priority is time. Having recorded sessions helps me make the most efficient use of my time."
"Lee is a great instructor. I appreciate his pragmatic approach. He places value on important aspects of PM that are easy to overlook."SCHEDULING, RISK MANAGEMENT AND AGILE APPLICATIONS ON-DEMAND BLENDED WORKSHOP DETAILS
Online On-Demand Blended Workshops consist of self-guided materials, including any necessary handouts and individual exercises, and on-demand webinars with Lee to drive the information home. Upon registration, you will receive an email with workshop materials and webinar recording information. To make them more manageable, the webinars for this online blended workshop are broken up into two-hour webinar sessions. All webinars are previously recorded and can be accessed anytime, from any computer or smartphone, at your own pace. There will also be a personal assessment to test your newfound knowledge at the end of the workshop.SESSION ONE: CREATING A REALISTIC PROJECT SCHEDULE
(4 Hours/4 Technical PDUs)Scheduling Outling
• What constitutes a Project Schedule?
• Role of the WBS
• Connecting the dots - dependencies
• Estimating effort and/or duration
• Finding the critical path
• Assessing flow options
• Communicating impacts and alternatives
• Being aware of other project needs
• Managing changes to the project schedule
After the 4 hour Scheduling session, you will be able to:
• Clearly understand the importance of a project schedule
• Expand the WBS to facilitate creation of a schedule
• Accomplish creating an inter-department work flow
• Determine effort estimates at WP level
• Convert effort into duration based on resource assignment
• Calculate the schedule linear critical path
• Play "what if" analysis/assess alternatives
• Identify what is realistically possible
• Manage the project performance measurement baseline SESSION TWO: RISK MANAGEMENT IN THE REAL WORLD
(4 Hours/3 Tech, 1 Leadership PDUs)
Risk Management Outline
• Risk management processes and practices
• Risk management structure - flow
• Techniques that add value
• Applying the Parato Rule
• Assessing the uncontrollable risks (contractor, etc)
• Establishing/Managing contingencies
• The role of management reserve
• Tracking the evolution of risk events
• Using the Hansel & Gretel Approach
After the 4 hour Risk session, you will be able to:
• Understand the importance of Risk Management
• Select risk techniques that are applicable to your projects
• Separate risks into critical/noncritical categories
• Determine the need for contingency/management reserve
• Manage change driven by risk events
• Create a risk history to aid future PMsSESSION THREE: AGILE APPLICATIONS - TO SCRUM OR NOT TO SCRUM
(4 Hours/2 Tech, 2 Leader PDUs)Agile Outline
• Considering an Agile Approach for your project
• Defining scrum - what it is and what it isn't
• Why use scrum?
• Scrum is scalable?
• The Scrum aspects - roles and responsibilities
• Scrum processes - 5 phases
• Comparing Scrum to traditional PM
• Specific Scrum implementation techniques
• Benefits, challenges, decisions
After the 4 hour Agile Applications session, you will be able to:
• Why Agile/Scrum has exceptional potential
• Understand the internal working of the Scrum Approach
• Recognize the obstacles to success
• Focus on the importance of "role & responsibility" definition
• Capitalize on the "5 Phases" of Scrum
• Benefit from the Scrum implementation techniques
• Manage frequent and rapid information exchange and integrationREGISTER FOR ALL 3 SESSIONS TOGETHER FOR ONLY $399.INSTRUCTOR Lee R. Lambert, PMP, CEO, PMI Fellow (2009)
is considered one of the thought leaders in the PM profession. If you've tried the rest, now it's time to try the best! Since being one of the innovators/creators of the Project Management Professional (PMP)® Credential in the 80's, Lambert has trained over 50,000 students in 23 countries and is considered the most effective platform trainer on the planet. Using a perfect blend of real world examples, PMBOK® Guide consistent content and an easy-to-listen to, humorous style, Lee will provide the keys to unlocking your potential and improving your on the job performance. Lambert has been there, done that, in the world of PM! In addition to his training efforts, he has provided consulting support to a who's who list of corporations, including IBM, AT&T, Motorola, Chase Bank, Nationwide Insurance and General Electric.PM Talent Triangle, PDUs, PMP, PMBOK are registered trademarks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
Any city, Any State