Upon registration, we will email you access to our On-Demand Student Portal, where you will have all necessary webinar recordings and workshop material at your fingertips!
Introducing WebinarPlus . . . ALL On-Demand registrants will now be granted access to Lee as their personal PM Mentor for FREE for one year. WebinarPlus will allow you to email or call Lee anytime with ANY PM questions you have. More Value-Add for our valuable PMs!
In today’s fast paced, limited resources Get R Dun environment the Project Management process is the conduit to effective communication, team work and project delivery. The PM process does not guarantee success, but when utilized by an informed project management professional the powerful, insightful and timely decision support information that is generated as a natural output of the process will dramatically improve the odds of a successful project, regardless of the industry or application area.
This online course is designed to educate and ultimately improve an individual’s on-the-job performance while the organization reaps the benefits of the power of PM. This course has something for everyone. The novice will be exposed to the key elements, tools and techniques of PM while the experienced practitioner will be given opportunities to reconfirm the depth of their knowledge AND--through the use of case studies and exercises--to test their ability to apply that knowledge in a constructive and productive way. Upon completion of this course the student will have a thorough understanding of the PM concepts and the advantages and benefits they provide.
Online On-Demand Blended Workshop consists of self-guided materials, including any necessary handouts, individual exercises and previously recorded webinars with Lee to drive the information home. Upon registration, you will receive an email with workshop materials and webinar recording information. The webinars for this online blended workshop are broken up into 4 two-hour webinar sessions. All webinars are previously recorded and can be accessed anytime, from any computer or smartphone, at your own pace. There will also be a short test to assess your newfound knowledge at the end of the workshop.
1. Understanding the Importance of Stakeholders
2. Project Selection/Initiation Methodologies
3. Confirming Organizational Strategic Alignment
4. Creating a Framework for Project Closeout/Record Retention
5. Project Scope/Requirements Definition/Clarification
6. Considering Business Risk vs Project Risk
7. Estimating Project Time/Cost Estimates—Establishing the Triple Constraint
8. Preparing an Integrated Project Execution Schedule
9. Documenting/Using the Project Performance Measurement Baseline
10. Quantifying Actual vs Expectation Variations—Finding and Reporting the Truth
11. Extrapolating the Past—Forecasting the Future
12. Consideration of Earned Value Management System (EVMS) Approach
13. Summary and Conclusion
Upon completion of this course student will have an improved understanding of the specific tools/techniques—and the benefits of their used—that are at the heart of the Project Management Process. Students will be able to:
• Recognize the importance of maintaining a project’s strategic alignment with the organizational objectives
• Use the Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) as a method of defining and refining the project scope/work content
• Conduct a Value Add Risk Assessment for individual work packages
• Prepare realistic time (effort) and cost estimates for each work package
• Create and validate a complete project work flow/integrated schedule—Precedent Diagram Method (PDM)
• Integrate the project duration and budget estimates to create a Performance Measurement Baseline (PMB)
• Understand and use basic Earned Value Management concepts
• Develop and track meaningful progress measurement milestones with clearly defined Completion Criteria
• Conduct a thorough and complete project Variance Analysis including Cause, Impact Forecasting and Corrective Action Plan
• Recognize and understand the impact of resource constraints or reallocation on the project work effort
• Create Project “work around” plans to overcome project problems/challenges
• Capitalize on the tools and techniques of PM to significantly improve individual and team communication and dedication
• Complete a Value Add Project Lessons Learned/Closeout Report
We look forward to welcoming you to our little project management family!
REGISTER 10 OR MORE TOGETHER AND RECEIVE A 10% DISCOUNT
Registration fee includes all four sessions, worth 8 PDUs.
Lee R. Lambert, PMP, CEO
PMI Fellow (2009)
PMI Professional Development Provider of the Year (2007)
PMI Distinguished Contribution Award (1995)
Lee Lambert takes the saying; "been there, done that, got the T-shirt" to new heights in project management training, by incorporating a pragmatic perspective and a unique use of personal analogies to help bring the subject matter to life. No other Project Management educator can contend with his uncanny technical knowledge, material content and refreshing delivery - not to mention his humorous, engaging, CommonSense™ style that has mesmerized more than 40,000 students in 21 countries. Lee has been an honored and distinguished member of the project management community since 1968 and was part of the original team that formulated and implemented the PMP Certification Program. He is recognized as one of the most effective project management educators in the world.