Upon registration, we will email you access to our On-Demand Student Portal, where you will have all necessary webinar recordings and workshop material at your fingertips!
The problem with creating a project schedule is that often times the end date has already been determined by management – NOT the project manager assigned the responsibility for delivering! Ninety percent of the time the project is behind schedule before it even begins. This program will provide insights into the value of considering the use of Deterministic or Probabilistic methodologies to find the truth. Those responsible for the project will be able to separate realistic possibilities from optimistic wishful thinking. Additionally, the schedule impact of inadequate or constantly changing resource allocations will be carefully examined and quantified!
• What constitutes a Project Schedule?
• Role of the Work Breakdown Structure
• Connecting the dots - dependencies
• Estimating effort and/or duration
• Finding the critical path
• Assessing flow options
• Communicating impacts and alternatives
• Being aware of other project needs
• Managing changes to the project schedule
After attending this 4 hour Scheduling webinar, you will be able to:
• Clearly understand the importance of a project schedule
• Expand the WBS to facilitate creation of a schedule
• Accomplish creating an inter-department work flow
• Determine effort estimates at WP level
• Convert effort into duration based on resource assignment
• Calculate the schedule linear critical path
• Play "what if" analysis/assess alternatives
• Identify what is realistically possible
• Manage the project performance measurement baseline